Sunday, July 11, 2010

Melting My Heart


Sometime last night, Leah made her way into our room with her sleeping bag and spent the rest of the night, sleeping on our floor. When I woke up in the morning (Anna having already gotten out of bed), my little girl climbed into our bed and snuggled in, just holding me as tightly as she could. Talk about the best feeling in the world….

Anyway, given opportunities like this, I always make a specific point to tell my children how much I love them and how wonderful they are. This time, on a whim, I also posed a question: “Leah, why are you such a good girl?’

Her response: “Because you taught me to be.”

Wow. Just… wow.

4 comments:

  1. :'( *sniff* kids are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to tell you that in primary today, we asked the kids what they were grateful for. Leah said she was grateful for her sleeping bag so she could have sleepovers. Now I get why she said that!

    I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And that picture is awesome! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story Jeff! I have had some precious moments with little Heidi lately too, so I know a little of how you feel! Leah's a sweet girl and lucky too, to have such good parents.

    ReplyDelete